In the event that you no longer wish to receive updates from a specific Facebook user, you may be curious as to how to unfollow them. Facebook users may wonder what the unfollow button means, if they are still friends, if they can still see each other’s posts, and if they may follow each other again after initially unfollowing.
- To unfollow someone on Facebook is like unlinking from them without their awareness, which is to say, it’s quite nasty
- You can still be friends with someone even if you can’t access their future postings and you can’t see anything they’ve posted in the past.
- In addition to unfollowing someone on Facebook until they change their mind, users can now snooze them for a month.
- This is not limited to the user’s currently-reading article or community. Due to the introduction of the unfollow feature in 2013, Facebook users now have the choice to stop following other users.
- In comparison to the previous “Hide all” option, the ability to unfollow was a significant upgrade.
- Find out what it means to “unfollow” someone on Facebook and how to actually do it by reading this article.
When We Choose Not to Follow Someone on Facebook, What Exactly Does That Mean?
- When a Facebook user clicks the “unfollow” button, they are telling the social media platform that they no longer wish to receive updates from the unfollowed user.
- You should not worry about the unfollowed person being notified in any way that they have been unfollowed.
- With the “follow” feature’s introduction, users are no longer limited to following only other users they personally know and trust, but can now follow public figures, companies, and other sites that may enrich and enliven their newsfeeds.
- If they no longer wish to be connected with a specific person or website, they can simply stop following that person or entity.
Read More- Identification Technology and Its Impact on Security
Can You Still Be Facebook Friends Even if You Decide to Unfollow Them?
- Unfollowing someone seems like a good compromise for those who don’t want to sever all ties with another person. It is easy to follow or unfollow someone, even after you’ve unfriended them.
- Instead of being tied to one’s friend list, a user’s “following” setting is more closely associated with the content they’re interested in.
- That means it’s purpose is to help people decide what to see in their newsfeeds. Their list of friends is unaffected by this change.
- While the unfollowed user’s activity won’t show up in their timeline, they may still view their profile and read their updates.
- The Facebook Unfollow Guide.
- Keeping up with friends, family, and local happenings is now easier than ever with Facebook’s Content Feed.
- It’s possible, though, that a Facebook buddy is the source of all your most irritating, depressing, and mind-numbing posts, articles, and status updates.
Read More- How is technology driving the industry of hotels?
- Yet, it only takes a few clicks to stop seeing a friend’s updates on Facebook once they’ve unfollowed them
- They will still be Facebook friends and able to chat via Messenger, but they will not be able to see each other’s individual updates in the News Feed.
- You may easily stop following a person on Facebook. There are a few different ways to stop following someone on Facebook.
- You can stop following someone by going to their profile page, reading an item they’ve written, or changing their settings in the News Feed settings.