You can Duet with other users or remix their videos in various ways that TikTok permits. When you make a Duet, you and another user each make their own version of the same video, and watch them in split-screen mode.
TikTok’s Stitch feature also allows users to remix and reuse videos from other users. Although similar to a Duet, TikTok’s “Stitching” feature allows users to seamlessly merge clips from other users’ films into their own.
Learn the basics of TikTok’s Stitch feature and how to customise it to your liking in this article’s detailed walkthrough.
Tumblr or Tik Tok: What Is a Stitch?
September 2020 saw the launch of TikTok’s Stitch function. You can create a “TikTok Stitch” by stealing a segment from another user’s video and pasting it into your own. If a TikTok Stitch goes beyond five seconds, it will be automatically cut off.
Unfortunately, not every video on TikTok can be Stitched. Through the app’s privacy controls, users can toggle the use of Stitch for a single video or across their entire channel. The ability to Stitch a video will be disabled if its Stitch button is disabled.
Video content that has been Stitched includes a caption that gives credit to the original creator. As with the video itself, the caption provides a clickable attribution that leads directly to the source.
If you want other people to be able to Stitch your movies, you need to make your account public. Now then, I shall demonstrate the art of TikTok Stitch to you.
Tik Tok: The Step-By-Step Guide to Video Editing
- Creating your own TikTok Stitches is simple. Stitching a video on TikTok is as follows:
- Open the TikTok mobile app.
- Select the arrow (Share) icon next to the video you wish to Stitch.
- To stitch together many videos into one, select Stitch from the bottom toolbar and wait for the movie to load.
- You will see a notification if this is your first time using Stitch. Test it out by selecting the Try it button.
- By default, we’ll pick the first five seconds of the video. To shorten the time, simply slide the frame to the right or left; otherwise, it will remain unchanged.
After the Video Has Finished Loading, Tap Next in The Upper Right Corner
- To begin recording your own video, just tap the red record video button. To record, you have up to three minutes. At any point, you can pause recording by tapping the red checkmark.
- The next step is to tap Next.
- Take a look at the options for your Post, including who you can tag, who can view the video, if you want to enable Duet or Stitch, and so on.
- After uploading a video to TikTok, you can select the share icons to send it to other platforms.
- When you’re ready to send, press the Post button.
- When you play back the video, the Stitched video will start, and then your recording will start playing right after.
Adjusting Your Tik Tok Stitch Preferences
In TikTok, you can adjust the Stitch settings for a single video or for all of your videos. Thus, it’s simple to control whether or not your videos are stitched.
- Prepare New Footage
- Before uploading a movie to Stitch, you’ll need to adjust the following settings:
- Make a new TikTok video like you always have.
- Please proceed by clicking Next.
- Toggle the option in the Post settings to either “Allow Stitch” or “Disallow Stitch.”
Video Already in Existence
- Stitch parameters for a previously uploaded video can be modified as follows.
- Find where the video is stored, and load it.
- Select the ellipses (…) or the share symbol.
- Slide your finger to the left and then tap Privacy.
- Activate or deactivate the Allow Stitch button.
Put Your Tik Tok Videos Here
- TikTok’s Stitch settings can be managed in the same way as the rest of your films.
- Look for your profile picture and tap on it.
- Use the three vertical dots (the “hamburger menu”) in the upper right corner to access further options.
- Select the ‘Settings and Privacy’ menu.
- Choose the Privacy menu item.
- Stitch may be found by scrolling down and clicking on it.
Choose carefully who you trust to Stitch your videos. Followers who follow you back, only me, and everyone are your choices.
Attempt Your First Ever Tik Tok Stitch
Use a TikTok Stitch to seamlessly combine content from another producer into your own video. Nobody will feel left out if you decide to provide a follow-up commentary, respond to a question, or show off your own take on their video.
As a result, you should be able to utilise this function effectively today. Now what are you waiting for? Fire up the TikTok app, consult this manual, and make your first Stitch!