Alibaug is a small sleep coast town is located near Mumbai along the Arabian Sea. Its undisturbed silence, moist air and saline waters are a luxury for those who lead a busy city life. Its quiet charm along with rich culture and heritage as well as a non-polluted environment is what has been prompting Mumbaikars and others from all over the country to visit here. Even celebrities like Salman Khan are known to have constructed a farm house here to spend their holidays in peace and tranquillity. Be it the ‘Mango House’ displaying sustainable architecture or the less-known Bene Israeli community, this place is fast becoming a tourist paradise. There are villas in alibaug that you can rent for your stay.
- Breakfast at Deli & Kiki’s Cafe by the Bay: Mandwa Jetty is where you will find this cafe taht overlooks the vast blue sea. You can have a luxurious breakfast and listen to the sound of the waves crashing on the rocks. Kiki’s cafe boasts of having vibrant colours, illustrations created on the walls and the ceiling having bicycles suspended to increase its aesthetic appeal. You can order for in-house bread along with Paneer Akoori and Vietnamese Iced Coffee, their speciality. From the port, the cafe is just a five minute walk. You can also get desserts, home-made ice creams, sandwiches and thin-crust pizzas. This place is a real delight.
- Dashrat Patel Museum: If you are interested in artefacts, then you need to visit this museum, located at Revas Road, Bamansure. This museum is dedicated to the Ahmedabad National Institute of Design’s founding secretary, Dashrath Patel. It exhibits his life’s work, ranging from paintings, ceramic pottery and photography. He is known to have spent his last years in Alibaug. Pinakin Patel, the Mumbai-based architect had established this museum to preserve Dashrath’s legacy.
- D. Samson’s Soda Shop: It is located between Poynad village and Alibaug, was established in 1938 by Daniel Samson Digodkar after shutting down of the local mills. Daniel Sydney, his son presently runs the shop. It reflects long established Bene Israeli community’s culture and is a favourite joint of the locals to have a light talk or discuss about domestic or international politics. If you love to talk to strangers, then you can easily spend a couple of here at this joint and pass your time getting to know more about the place. You can order from a large variety of soda or the popular ice cream soda.
- Alibaug Beach: If you love the blue waters, this place offers you several water sport activities to indulge in. You can enjoy the supervised and safe Jet Ski ride or \Banana Boat Ride.
- Boardwalk by Flamboyante: If you love hearing Live Music combined with Seaside Dinner, then this place is sure to be enticing. It is located at Mandvi’s Mandwa Jetty Road and is a picturesque and affordable waterfront restaurant. It has been established right at the jetty, between the bridge constructed to take tourists and locals to the parking lots and boats. The menu offered here comprise of fresh salads, thin-crust pizzas, shawarmas, mezze platters, fries and burgers, etc. The bar is large enough to accommodate and serve 200 people at a time. Besides the fresh, delicious food, their mainstay is the sea-facing and deck area. Those who are not interested to eat in the open or experience the scorching heat of the sun can avail the facility of the indoor restaurant. The maritime-inspired decor here is sure to make you feel being at sea!
For the night, you can book one of the best villas in alibaug depending on your budget.
- Biodiversity Garden: If you love strolling out in the open and enjoy the surrounding nature, then you should visit the ‘Native Biodiversity Garden’. It is located next to the Teenvira Dam, on Mumbai-Alibaug Road. It is a must visit nature enthusiasts and students as it is both educational and experiential. From your booked villas in alibaug, you can start early in the morning and walk across the garden to invigorate your senses. There are numerous sections in the garden like medicinal, sensory, wetland, butterfly, etc. There is a hand-carved, 8 foot tall, ginormous Deepmaal. It is a local custom to welcome all guests using lights. Solar energy powers the entire garden and also promotes environmental protection awareness among visitors. It is open from 9am to 1pm and 2pm to 4.30pm on all days.
- Hotel Sanman: Located opposite Chirag Executive, Israil Lane, this restaurant offers fresh, delicious sea food. It boasts of having a 35 year old legacy and offers Konkani styled preparations. Do order for the special prawn and fish curries or the entire thali comprising of surmai or pomfret. Weekends are more crowded.
- Kolaba Fort: If heritage and history interests you, then you should visit this fort located 2 km towards the water from Alibaug’s shores. It is considered to be the region’s grandest and the oldest military fortifications. It is also called Alibaug Fort locally, enclosed by water on all its sides. It is something special and you should visit it.
- Bohemyan Blue: You should end the day with a sumptuous dinner at this restaurant. It is located between Zirad and Chondhi on the Alibaug-Rewas Main Rd. This place boasts of having a unique style with colourful interiors, a nearby beach, wooden benches and cane furniture. You are sure to feel like being in Goa and not in a coastal town near Mumbai. This restaurant was established by one of ‘Nariyal Paani’ founder. It offers guests with international delicacies like Lebanese and Thai, etc. Its breezy ambience, laid-back style and soft music are what have been luring locals and tourists to visit this place repeatedly. It also offers that Bohemian vibe. Although alcohol is not part of their menu, you are sure to enjoy the delicious food. A few favourites here that are mainly ordered are paneer roll, fish in Mangalorean curry and raw pumpkin salad.
Selecting the top villas in alibaug will allow you stay refreshed and enjoy the trip thoroughly.