The free WhatsApp messaging service is one of the most popular in the world. As of 2018, the number of its users has reached the figure of more than 500 million people. And this figure continues to grow rapidly due to users from Brazil, India and other developing countries. Along with the reliable operation of the application, one of its nice bonuses is the ability to format text, which allows you to select any parts of the text in the way we need. One of the popular forms of text formatting is strikethrough. Therefore, in our material we will analyze how to make crossed out text in the Whatsaap application. And also what we need for this.
Why use strikethrough in messages
Many users are interested in why use strikethrough text when messaging on WhatsApp. Usually this type of design is used in a situation where it is necessary to indicate what we think exactly, but for some reason cannot write it. Therefore, such text is placed in strikethrough so that the user can read it and understand what the author means.
We can also see crossed out text as a crossed out alternative from the options available in the list.
Also, such a design can be quite often found on various sites, but in messengers it is quite rare. If the change user name that time you can use Dwarf name generator Often this is due to the fact that users do not know how to create such an effect.
Therefore, let us shed some light on this question and analyze how to get crossed out text during correspondence in Whatsaap.
How to make strikethrough text in Whatsaap application
To get a crossed out word or a whole sentence in WhatsApp you need to do the following:
- Launch your messenger;
- Go to the text message set for the desired user;
- If you want to make the entire message crossed out, then at the beginning and end of the message place the “ ~ ” sign known as . To get it on a PC, you need to switch to the English layout, and then click on “ Shift + ё ”.
- If you want to make only a part of the message crossed out, then type the part of the message in the usual way, and mark the part that you want to cross out with “tilde” at the beginning and end;
- It remains to press enter (send), and your recipient will receive the effect you need.
Using the text menu functionality on Android and iOS
In addition to the standard method listed above, you can get crossed out text in the Whatsaap application using the following steps:
- Launch your WhatsApp;
- Go to the message exchange form with the desired user;
- Type the desired text to send, part of which or all the text you want to make crossed out. Press and hold the text;
- Click on the button with three vertical dots just above;
- The text option menu appears. Select “crossed out” there;
- It remains to click on the send message button, and it will be sent to the chat with your interlocutor.
This method is similar for both Android OS and iOS. On the iPhone, you can also hold the text, and then select the font you need.
Other word processing options on WhatsApp
In addition to getting a crossed out sentence in Whatsaap, you can also use other options. In particular:
- Bold – you can get it by putting a “*” (asterisk) at the beginning and at the end. For example, like this:
- Italics can be obtained by putting the symbol “_” at the beginning and end of the desired section of text. For example, like this:
- A monospaced text can be obtained by putting three quotation marks at the beginning and at the end. For example, like this:
In our article, we examined how to make crossed out text during correspondence in Whatsaap. Use the methods listed by us that allow you to get the desired effect and send it to your interlocutor. These methods work both on the Android OS and iOS, and can be easily used if you want to cross out all (or part) of the text you send.