The network has a lot of content, more than users have time to consume. Partly because it is being created by independent authors and media, as well as brands. According to the Content Marketing Institute, 91% of B2B and 86% of B2C companies include content marketing in their strategies. Their competitors, who have not yet mastered this method of promotion, plan to rectify the situation in the near future. This means that there will be more content.
Back in 2017, it was enough to create high-quality and useful materials to attract attention, today it is much more difficult to break through. It is necessary to do not just good, but best of all, experiment with formats and prepare to pay for the advancement of the results of your efforts. What trends to focus on when developing a content marketing strategy for 2020?
Content Marketing Statistics
First, I’ll give you some interesting statistics: what formats and platforms brands choose, what works for them now, and where the main resources will be directed in the coming year.
- 66% of companies write blog on social networks.
- 51% of B2B brands primarily create visual content.
- The goal of content marketing for most companies is to increase recognition.
- 3/4 bloggers who earn a minimum of $50,000 a year create content for a niche audience.
- 60% of marketers reuse content two to five times.
- 51% of companies that are actively engaged in content marketing create materials every day.
- Stock photos and info graphics are two types of visual content that brands use most often.
- On average, blog posts contain 1,151 words.
- Webinars, demos and videos for social networks are the most popular video formats that companies create.
- Using video helps companies increase revenue by 49% faster than non-video colleagues.
- In 2019, 17% of marketers plan to include podcasts in their content marketing strategy.
- The most popular podcast genres are comedy, news, and educational content.
Content Marketing Trends 2020
Now let’s figure out what changes to expect and what approaches to test for promotion through content in the new decade.
Most often, the content does not require any action from the user, the maximum is to click on the button with a call to action. Passive consumption is not remembered, no matter how unique the content. It is important that the information you offer becomes part of the user’s experience, he contributes to it. Interactivity will help to stand out in 2020 and qualitatively engage the audience.
Social network experts, sales managers and content marketers speak of sincerity in the promotion. A new generation of users is growing up, who has managed to learn all the tricks that their parents came across. In the new decade, companies that are not afraid to reveal all the cards and will be able to build sincere and trusting relationships with consumers will win.
72% of users prefer to get acquainted with a product or service through video. It’s easier for them to see than to read. Marketers continue to adjust to this need of the audience: the video is getting bigger, its quality is growing, and new platforms for promotion are being tested.
In addition, there is one more effective tool to enhance the online recognition of a business and that is a page on Wikipedia about a business. Many entrepreneurs strive to get custom Wikipedia page for their businesses to achieve maximum online reputation.
In the new decade, the role of social networks will continue to grow: people come here not only for communication. Popular venues have become training centers, affinity clubs, online stores and gaming platforms. Users can get everything they want without leaving Instagram. Responding to the trend, marketers deploy full-fledged blogs and content marketing based on social networks.
Try counting all the voice assistants that are available today all over the world. Siri and Google Assistant are the most famous ones. In the West, the demand for voice search has flourished for several years, and we are also starting to gain momentum.
In 2020, content will continue to adapt to changes in user habits – it will become more interactive and conversational, searchable through voice input. Which, in turn, will help assistants to grow wiser faster.