When using a Windows operating system, it’s common to have issues with the screen’s display or the computer’s graphics hardware. On the MiniTool website, we will now present you to the problem – the white screen on a laptop. Is there a way to restore a laptop that has a blank screen? There are a few approaches that may be taken to address this peculiar problem, and they will be shown to you now.
Some laptops, including those manufactured by Lenovo, Dell, Acer, and others, may display a blank white screen upon startup and fail to get past the BIOS login page, rendering them unusable. A malfunctioning graphics card, a broken screen, malicious software, a virus, etc., could all contribute to the white screen of death experienced by laptops. Let’s check out the solution to the laptop’s white screen right now.
How to Repair a Laptop when You See the Dreaded White Screen
- Perform a Few Tests on the Device’s Hardware
- A malfunctioning display or graphics card might cause Windows 10 to freeze on a white screen. First things first, you need to implement certain checks.
- Connecting your laptop to an external monitor will help you determine if the problem is the internal display or something else. If the problem persists, it is not the screen on your laptop.
- If your laptop’s display goes blank when you turn it on, the problem lies with the graphics card. In light of this, you ought to look into a replacement.
- Laptop battery must be removed.
Although seemingly simplistic, this approach actually has a lot of practical applications. Some customers have reported success in fixing screen issues by removing the battery and restarting the computer.
What’s the procedure for taking the battery out? To achieve this, consult the laptop’s handbook for specific instructions.
- To prevent accidental startup, disconnect the power cable from your laptop after removing the battery.
- Hold the power button down for at least 30 seconds.
- Replace the laptop’s battery in its charger and power on to see if the white screen of death persists.
- Examine the System for Viruses and Other Threatening Programs
Users have reported that malicious software that automatically launches with Windows can cause the laptop’s white screen of death. Malware can be removed from a computer by scanning it with an external anti-malware tool like Malwarebytes.
If you’re experiencing a white screen of death while using Windows, you’ll need to enter safe mode by following the instructions below.
To Get Started, Boot the Laptop from A Disc or Usb Disc
The Windows 10 operating system provides users with a menu of selectable items. Navigate to Start Settings under Troubleshoot > Advanced settings.
- Choose to Restart.
- Use the arrow keys to select Safe Mode with Networking, then press Enter.
- Following that, you can initiate a scan with the anti-malware software installed on your laptop.
- Execute SFC Scan
When Windows has system-related issues, the display on your laptop will go blank. Now you know that running an SFC scan will thoroughly check for and rectify any issues on your machine, you can do so.
Since the PC is unbootable, you’ll need to perform this in safe mode, too. Start Command Prompt as an administrator in safe mode and type sfc /scannow at the prompt.
Have you encountered the Windows 10 laptop white-screen problem? How do you propose to repair it? Look at this article and see if any of the suggestions above work for you. I really hope that one of these options works for you.