When using Facebook Messenger, seeing the notification “This person is unavailable on Messenger” does not necessarily indicate that the other person has blocked you. Yes, that is possible. However, that is not the only explanation.
There are multiple interpretations to this message. A possible explanation is that the other person has disabled their account or placed limitations on its use.
Facebook’s own help centre can point you in the right direction for resolving a wide range of issues, but that may not always be the case. So, I’ll go over some of the causes and solutions.
In Other Words, What Can Be Done About This Error Message?
- There could be a number of causes for you to be receiving this notification. It’s impossible to know for sure, but you can get a pretty good idea based on the most likely explanations.
- “This individual is currently not available on Messenger.” – Fixes
- Unless a bug on Facebook’s end is at blame, there are steps you can do to get rid of this notice.
- See Whether You Can Access This Site
- Verify first that you haven’t inadvertently blocked the user from your own account. This is how you may verify it.
When Working with A Computer
- The up-and-down arrow in the upper-right corner can be used to scroll down.
- The Facebook section under “Settings & Privacy” is where you need to be.
- To access the configuration options, select “Settings.”
- To view the users you have blocked, navigate to the Blocking page and click on the Block users option.
- If the user appears in the list of those you’ve chosen to block, they have successfully been blocked.
- Remove the block from the person you want to talk to.
While Utilizing a Mobile Device
- To access the menu, select the hamburger icon in the top right corner.
- To adjust your Facebook settings, click on the cogwheel in the top right corner and select Settings & Privacy.
- You may view the people you have blocked under the “Blocking” tab of the “Audience and Visibility” settings.
- If the name appears on the block list, that means you have successfully placed a block on that user.
- Remove the block from the person you want to talk to.
- The person you are trying to contact, however, may have you on their block list. They have blocked you on Facebook or Messenger, or possibly both. This can be determined by keeping an eye out for indicators such as:
- If this is the case, you can send them a message asking them to unblock you on Messenger.
- In spite of this, if someone blocks you on Messenger, you can still view their content and responses to your postings, but you won’t be able to communicate with them in any way.
Check to See if You Are Trying to Reach a Dormant Account
Accounts that break Facebook’s terms and conditions agreement and guidelines risk being banned or suspended.
A temporary freeze may be placed on the account. However, Facebook also has the option to permanently delete the account in exceptional circumstances. The length of time your account is locked out for is proportional to the severity and frequency with which you broke the Community Guidelines.
Verify that The Person’s Account Has Not Been Deactivated
- Perhaps they needed time away from Messenger for personal reasons and decided to cancel their account on Facebook.
- Even if someone has cancelled their account, if they are still logged into Messenger under a different name, you will be able to see their profile image and send them a message.
- In any other instance, you won’t be able to contact them or even access their profile.
- As soon as they log back onto Facebook and open Messenger, you can contact them again.
Please Ensure You Have the Latest Application Version
The first thing you should try while troubleshooting is to update the programme. It’s possible that you’re seeing this warning because you’re using a very outdated version of the software. A simple software update will solve this problem.
Go to your app shop or play store to download the latest version of Messenger. One additional option is to uninstall the programme entirely, delete its cache, and then reinstall it.
Status of Your Account Check
See if the person you want to talk to has an active account. This could be because the user has temporarily disabled their account or because they have removed it forever. Attempt to locate the user by using search criteria such as their name or email address. If the person does show up, that suggests the account is still in use.
Equally, a common friend can serve as a go-between to learn about the account holder’s current activity. One way to test this is to use a friend’s account to send a message and then check to see whether you receive the same one. Similar messages suggest that the account in question is inactive.
Please Use the Online Version
If you’re using the Messenger app, it’s possible that it encountered a bug and sent you that message. You can test out sending messages with the Messenger web app. Those who do not encounter the issue might try erasing the programme from their device and then reinstalling it.
Use a Fast Internet Connection
Sometimes your connection speed or quality may be subpar. In light of the information, the messenger’s operation may vary. Connecting to a reliable, high-speed network is recommended whenever possible.
Learn More by Browsing Your Facebook Recollections
You may see the past likes and comments when you browse the memories. If clicking on their username gets you to their profile, that means they haven’t blocked you. But if that’s not the case, it’s possible that they’ve blocked you on Facebook, Messenger, or both.