As of late, there has been a flood of videos on Twitter. Whether it’s a video of a cute dog or a heated discussion of a contentious issue, you’ll probably watch it again and over again until you become sick of it. While the app is convenient, it does not support downloading videos.
This is mostly due to the platform’s copyright regulations. But what if there were an easy way to get these video clips? If you’d want to learn how to quickly and easily download videos from Twitter, this post is for you. Then let’s not waste any more time and get started with how to get Twitter videos onto your computer or mobile device.
Methods for Obtaining Twitter Videos for Your Computer
Twitter now supports desktop video downloads, making it simple to watch videos offline. Two sites exist that streamline the process of downloading a video from Twitter. The most popular of them is probably SaveTweetVid, but there’s also Twitter Video Downloader. Just visit one of these sites to get your hands on your preferred Twitter videos. Simply adhere to the procedures below:
- To find the video you want to save, launch Twitter and do a search.
- Next, copy the URL of the tweet that contains the video you wish to save.
- Access a website such as Save Tweet Vid or Twitter Video Downloader to obtain the video. Copy and paste the link into the box, then select Download.
- The quality of the files you can download from each site is different. When you find a clip you like, click the Download button next to the file size to start downloading in the quality you’ve chosen.
Downloading Videos from Twitter on Your Android Device
An Android app also allows you to save videos from Twitter. To start saving videos from Twitter to your mobile device, simply install the app. This tool makes it simple to download videos from social media platforms like Twitter and Instagram. Here’s the next step you should take:
To download a video from a Tweet, launch the Twitter app on your mobile device and navigate to the post in question. Click the Share tab, then select Copy link to Tweet.
The next step is to copy the link and then paste it into the Twitter Videos download app. Simply scroll down to the right side of the page and click the download option.
Background processing to obtain the video will start immediately. You can either launch the app and choose to play a video from the downloaded list, or you can navigate to the video’s location on your device and play it directly from there. Alternatively, you can access the video in your phone’s Gallery app for offline viewing.
Downloading Videos from Twitter on An I Phone or I Pad
When compared to Android or PC, Twitter’s video download process is more involved. You’ll need to get either the Documents by Readle or the My Media app on your iPhone before you can start downloading the video. These are the steps to take once you’re finished:
- To download a video from a Tweet, launch the Twitter app on your mobile device and navigate to the post in question.
- Click the Share tab, then select Copy link to Tweet.
- Launch either My Media or Documents by Readle on your iPhone.
- In the lower right hand corner, you’ll notice a browser icon. If you click on it, the app’s internal browser will open.
- Simply open the website by typing www.twittervideodownloader.com into your browser.
- To download, simply paste the copied link into the box and click the button. When you click the button, a fresh download link will appear. You can save the video by tapping Download the File and giving it a name.
- The software will store your video permanently. To store a copy of your Twitter video on your iPhone, open the video in the app and then hit Save to Camera Roll.
The Chrome Extension You Need to Save Direct Message Videos from Twitter
- The Google Chrome plugin makes it simple to save movies sent via Direct Message on Twitter. Just stick to the instructions below.
- To start downloading videos, head over to the Chrome web store and look for the “Video Downloader Professional” extension.
- Followed by clicking “Add to Chrome” to add the add-on to your Chrome browser.
- Launch Twitter in Chrome and navigate to the video in your direct messages.
- Playing the video will trigger a notification in the VideoDownloader Professional add-on.
- When you click it, the add-on will give you the choice to download the movie in a number of various quality settings. You can choose the video’s quality and file size by tapping the corresponding buttons.
- To those who have stuck with me this far, I appreciate it. Visit our Facebook page for more original and insightful technology-related posts.