With friends, Minecraft is a terrific game to play, and as long as you have the same version, you may play with them on any platform.
This implies that if you have Minecraft’s Java Edition, you can only play with other Java Edition users. The Bedrock Edition is the same. To play together if you have different versions, you must purchase the other one.
Play is possible across all operating systems that support Minecraft Bedrock Edition. The Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Windows PC, and mobile devices are all included in this. To do this, you must have a Microsoft account. If you have an Xbox account, it will function properly. Alternatively, you can create one right now for free.
Once you have a Microsoft account, you should double-check that the buddy you wish to play with is already added. Sending a buddy invite to their Xbox Gamertag is frequently necessary for this.
True gamers use the best gaming browser: Opera GX – Get early accessOpera GX is a special version of the famous Opera browser that is built specifically to fulfill gamers’ needs. Packed with unique features, Opera GX will help you get the most out of gaming and browsing every day:
- CPU, RAM, and Network limiter with hot tab killer
- Integrated with Twitch, Discord, Instagram, Twitter and Messengers directly
- Built-in sound controls and custom music
- Custom color themes by Razer Chroma and force dark pages
- Free VPN and Adblocker
- Download Opera GX
How Can I Do Crossplay in Minecraft?
1. Crossplay in Minecraft: Bedrock Edition
- Launch Minecraft, and log into your Microsoft account from the main menu.
- Load an existing world, or create a new world and launch it.
- Open the in-game Pause menu.
- Click Invite to Game, and select Find Cross-Platform Friends.
- Find your friends, and choose Add Friend.
- Under Online Friends, you’ll find those available for multiplayer.
- Check the box next to their name, and click Send 1 Invite. Once they accept, they will be added to the world you created.
Basically, to play cross-platform, all you need to do is add and invite your friends to the world you create.
You should however take into consideration that not all worlds can be played by users from different platforms in the Bedrock Edition of Minecraft, due to the exclusive content that each console has.
2. Crossplay in Minecraft: Java Edition
- Create a server and invite your friends to play together, or use a public Minecraft server.
- If you are in the same place as the other players, you can share a local area network or LAN.
- There is also the paid solution offered by Minecraft Realms, which hosts multiplayer servers.
Minecraft: Java Edition remains the original version of the game that is available for Mac and Linux users. This edition cannot be played on consoles.
Note, however, that Java users are allowed to play with other Java users using a Windows, iOS, or Linux operating system.
Needless to say, doing cross-platform on Java becomes more complicated, but not impossible to play. All you have to do is choose the right alternative for you from the 3 available above.
Choosing a community-based server?
If you choose to build your own Minecraft server that your friends can join, then a wise idea would be to protect your online privacy with a VPN. Because most servers are community created, which has helped the game thrive over time, there is a distinct possibility that you may need extra protection for your data.
That’s why we recommend choosing a reliable VPN service, and you can choose from our list of the best VPNs for Minecraft on Windows and Mac.
Minecraft is one of the most well-known games to ever be created, allowing you to create and experience amazing virtual worlds from scratch. You can explore, gather resources, craft different items, and tools, and also combat.
Nowadays, if you want to cross-play Minecraft, you can do so regardless of the platform, as the game has been updated on all major platforms. In this article, we explored some of the latest news released by Mojang relating to the cross-play ability of the latest edition of Minecraft.
If you are having blank screen issues when running Minecraft, you should take a closer look at our comprehensive guide and fix this issue with ease.
Please feel free to let us know if you have any other suggestions or questions regarding this topic by using the comment section below.