The update also includes some intriguing changes to specific characters and weapons, such as a significant improvement for Revenant and a
new passive ability for Lifeline, the game’s sole support legend at the moment. The ammo per pickup and inventory stack size of all sniper
rifles have been decreased with the exception of the Kraber, which has received a fresh buff and is now quite powerful.
The 4.2 updates will feature map rotation, which will include the current iteration of World’s Edge, Kings Canyon Season 2, and Kings
Canyon After Dark. We know players want to explore a variety of maps when playing Apex Legends. Ranked play will continue to be
displayed on the Kings Canyon-specific map for the current Series. Because we aim to keep wait times as minimal as possible, we chose
rotation over selection because we think that selection could have a highly negative effect on wait times globally. The maps will continue to
rotate rather quickly while we analyze the data and consider your input. To keep things interesting, we’ll occasionally include new iterations
of the Kings Canyon and World’s Edge maps that were previously released.
This new patch also makes quick work of several pesky bugs, including the especially annoying occurrences where the Ring would randomly
end in an especially bad or invalid location. The full patch notes are listed below.
Apex Legends The Old Ways Update Patch Notes
- G7 Scout
- Reduced headshot scale from 2.0 -> 1.75.
- Reduced leg shot scale from 0.9 -> 0.75.
- Slightly reduced projectile speed.
- READ MORE: Battlegrounds India Free Coupons For Today– Latest Working Codes, Redemption Sites
- LSTAR will reset its view kick pattern much more quickly to avoid horizontal recoil feeling like it goes in an unpredictable direction while feathering the trigger.
- Reduced time before overheat 2.4 -> 2.2 (25 shots -> 23 shots)
- Increased headshot damage multiplier from 2.05 -> 3.0. Now it should always down a target with a headshot, even if they are a fortified character with a level 3 helmet and a full Evo shield.
- Sniper Ammo
- Reduced ammo per pickup from 10 -> 8
- Reduced inventory stack size from 20 -> 16
- Low Profile
- Limb shots on Low-Profile Legends now deal as much damage as body shots.
- Increased duration of status effect from 10s -> the 20s
- Silence now disables Gibraltar’s, Gun Shield.
- Increased the duration of the area of effect from 5s -> 10s
- Silence has 2 charges now
- Death Totem
- Characters are now respawned with 50 health (or whatever health they had when they activated it, if lower) instead of 1
- Removed Low Profile
- New secondary passive: Lifeline can access secret compartments with more loot on Blue Bins.
- Blue bins are found randomly replacing ordinary bins. These rare bins will have a secondary compartment that only Lifeline can open.
- The secondary compartment will always contain some mixture of health items, weapon attachments, and knock-down shields.
- Portals will now disappear after four seconds if both ends are outside the Circle. This change was made to combat players exploiting the Portal to avoid taking damage outside the Ring.
- Evo Armor
- Reduced the amount of damage required to evolve.
- Blue Armor damage requirement reduced from 100 -> 75
- Purple Armor damage requirement reduced from 300 -> 150
- Red Armor damage requirement reduced from 500 -> 400
- Reduced the amount of damage required to evolve.
- Kings Canyon and Kings Canyon After Dark
- Increase the total amount of loot items that spawn on the map.
Bug Fixes / Quality Of Life
- Fixed bug for cases where match results would not process correctly after players were disconnected.
- Fixes for some script errors.
- Fixed bug for cases where taller Legends could get stuck in geometry after using Wraith’s portal.
- Fixed bug for cases where players that were under Revenant’s Death Protection could still be healed by Lifeline’s D.O.C. drone and Wattson’s Interceptor Pylon.
- Fixed a bug where mantling with Wraith would cause the camera to clip through the character.
- [PS4] Fixed lighting in some interior areas on World’s Edge that were appearing too dark.
- Fixed bug where sometimes players would lose aim assist after being hit by Revenant’s Silence ability.
- Fix for cases where players would not receive assist credit when using Crypto’s Drone to scan enemies.
- Fixed issue where sometimes players could hear and in rare cases, be hit by Revenant’s abilities while in the Firing Range when he’s not there.
- Fix for some cases where the Circle would end in a bad or invalid location.
- Fix to help reduce cases of invisible doors.
- Fixed issue with Bangalore’s Viceroy skin where the legs were showing the wrong skin while mantling.
- Fixed bug for cases when Revenant places his ULT Death Totem on the train, a player is respawned to it while on the train, and the train is
- moving, the player could be respawned somewhere else on the map or even off the map.
- Energize charge for the Sentinel Sniper rifle can now be canceled with the Y or Triangle button.
- Fixed bug for cases where Dive Trails were visible before exiting the Drop Ship.
- Fixes for map bugs related to exploitable hiding spots and bad geo.