One of the most well-known streaming services in the world, Netflix, has penetrated almost every area of technology. On a variety of gadgets, including the most recent consoles and smart TVs as well as smartphones, it can be downloaded. Given the tremendous demand, it seems obvious that Netflix ought to be available on the Switch. The Netflix app isn’t, however, now accessible through the Nintendo eShop. However, there is a workaround you may use to install Netflix on your Switch.
On earlier Nintendo consoles, Netflix was accessible through the eShop. Up until January 2019, there was a Nintendo app for the Wii; after that, it was discontinued. Up until recently, the Wii U, New Nintendo 3DS/3DS XL, Nintendo 2DS, and Nintendo 3DS/3DS XL handheld gaming systems all supported Netflix. Now, none of the Nintendo consoles support Netflix.
Nintendo, a Japanese multinational consumer electronics and video gaming corporation, created the Nintendo Switch, a hybrid video game console. It can be used as a console at home as well as a portable device. With normal buttons and motion sensing, its wireless Joy-Con controllers may be attached to either side of the console to facilitate handheld play.
Stream Netflix on Switch
Netflix is supported on various platforms including Android, iOS, Windows, and multiple streaming devices like Nintendo Switch, Firestick, Roku, and much more. Currently, apps like YouTube and Hulu are officially available on Nintendo Switch. However, Switch does not officially support Netflix but still, millions of users already enjoy Netflix on it. Now we will see how they do it.
Is Netflix available to download on the Switch eShop?
Netflix is currently unavailable for download on the Nintendo Switch eShop. Nintendo has stated in the past that its number one priority has been video games. Streaming services took a back seat, and three years later, Netflix still hasn’t made its way to the Switch console. You can’t even watch Netflix through the hidden built-in web browser.
But that doesn’t mean all hope is lost. Many enjoy Netflix on the Switch; the only problem is they had to take a long way around to get Netflix working.
How to get Netflix on the Switch
To stream content from Netflix on your Switch, you’ll need to install Android OS on your Switch. Doing this comes with a few risks, so be sure you know what you’re doing before you do it. As Nintendo does not officially support this, we aren’t recommending you do this, but we want to equip you with the knowledge necessary to do it of your own volition.
XDA-Developers have successfully developed a system that allows Switch users to access certain apps on their consoles. You can read their forum here which gives you tons of helpful information on what it means to install Android OS on your system and the potential risks involved.
Once you’ve given that a readthrough, you can follow XDA’s full guide. This guide provides in-depth instructions on installing Android on your Switch. Make sure you read everything on both forums before you start installing anything on your Switch.
Once you finish installing Android on your Nintendo Switch, it will essentially act as an Android tablet. This means you can download the Netflix app and others like Spotify and Twitch directly through the Google Play Store.
And again, remember that there are risks involved in doing this. Your Switch’s battery life may suffer and the Joy-Cons won’t be compatible with every application.
Steps to Setup Nintendo Switch on your TV
- Step 1: Open the back cover of the Nintendo Switch Dock.
- Step 2: Connect the USB plug from the NintendoSwitch to the AC adapter and then connect the other end of the AC adapter to a wall outlet.
- Step 3: Connect one end of the HDMI cable to the terminal of HDMI OUT and then connect the other end to an HDMI port on your TV.
- Step 4: Turn on the TV and choose the correct HDMI input.
- Step 5: Launch Nintendo Switch on your TV and open the home menu option.
Steps to Install Netflix on Switch (Coming Soon)
- Step 1: Once the Nintendo Switch is launched on your TV, open it with its login credentials.
- Step 2: Go to the home screen and select the e-shop icon.
- Step 3: Once the e-shop store is opened, select the box next to the search bar to get the on-screen keyboard.
- Step 4: Enter Netflix on the search box and then click OK.
- Step 5: Select the Netflix application from the search result.
- Step 6: Install the Netflix application and sign in with your Netflix ID to enjoy endless streaming.
How To Watch Netflix On Switch (Coming Soon)
If the above steps won’t work for you, then you can use the alternative steps which will help you in getting “How to Watch Netflix on Switch”.
- Step 1: Go to the Nintendo Switch home screen and select the e-shop icon.
- Step 2: Select the Menu button from the top right of the touch screen.
- Step 3: Select the Search option.
- Step 4: Select Add Search Filters and then choose the criteria like Platform, Genre, Publisher, and Price.
- Step 5: Select the specific Filter and click Apply Filter.
- Step 6: It will present a list of contents related to your search filter.
- Step 7: Select Netflix from the search filters and install it on Nintendo Switch to get endless streaming.
The above steps which are for e-shop will be available soon. One of the officials told our journalist about this during the video conference “As Nintendo officially announcement about this is on hold due to some technical reasons“. Though we don’t know what are the technical reason but will update you once the company will officially announce it.