If you’ve changed your mind about cross-posting and would rather keep your Facebook and Instagram profiles separate, you may easily do so. Both desktop and mobile instructions are provided below.
When you stop using a particular service that connects your accounts, nothing will change or be erased from any of your accounts. If you cease using both services, you will no longer be able to share your experiences from either service to the other. It is possible to resynchronize your accounts at a later time.
To Disconnect Your Desktop Facebook and Instagram Accounts
- Instagram’s website may be used on any computer running Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, or Google Chrome OS to disconnect accounts.
- To get started using Instagram, load up the website in your browser. Please sign in to your account on the website.
- Once you’ve signed into Instagram, click your profile image in the upper right.
- Disconnect Your Mobile Facebook and Instagram
- Use the Instagram app on your iPhone, iPad, or Android device to separate your accounts.
- Launch Instagram on your mobile device. Your profile icon can be seen in the lower right corner of the app.
The Amount of Time Spent Interacting with Instagram and Facebook Should Be Limited.
You can modify your Instagram profile so that it looks like it came straight from Facebook if you so choose. As an illustration, you can disable the feature that automatically shares your content.
To share content between your Instagram and Facebook accounts, open the Accounts Center. Click on your profile, and then use the toggles to activate or deactivate Automatic Sharing for your posts and narrative.
Disconnecting from Facebook and Instagram: A Guide
If you’ve downloaded the Instagram app and are logged in, you can disconnect your account from Facebook. Then, proceed as follows:
- Get on Instagram.
- Click the ellipses (…) in the top right corner of your profile.
- Click “Settings,” then “Account.”
- Select “Share with other apps.”
- Simply navigate to Facebook and choose “Unlink Account.”
If You Are Positive, Tap the “yes, I’m Sure” Button.
That should break the connection between your Instagram and Facebook profiles. The aforementioned process can also be used to disconnect Instagram from other social media accounts.