This article will guide you on how to get free PokeCoins easily. In case you didn’t know Pokecoins are the main currency of the game Pokemon Go – this game is a worldwide phenomenon and has been downloaded over 500 million times. The game has also brought in over $1.2 billion in revenue since its release date. No wonder you are here to find a way how to get free Pokecoins.
Online Pokecoins generator websites are rampant on the internet most users report them as fake and do not actually work! We will be trying them out and will post here some legitimate ways on how to actually get free pokecoins without those human verification websites.
What are Pokecoins and What are Their Uses
Pokecoins are an in-game currency of the game Pokemon Go and they allow users to buy game items such as clothing, eggs, and storage upgrade that will help you catch and store more Pokemon, with using Pokecoins you can also find certain types of Pokemon more easily, defend your gym from opponents’ teams, and much more.
Users can obtain Pokecoins by catching new Pokemon as they level up, or by purchasing them through in-app purchases on an iPhone or Android device’s app stores.
Pokecoins, the game’s currency, is in short supply. They can be used to purchase a wide range of goods and services. Also, they represent the in-game currency that you buy with real money. However, there are other websites promising to give you free Pokemon coins, but they don’t
actually deliver on their promises. We strongly discourage you from even attempting them.
Obtaining free Pokecoins in Pokemon Go is now limited to two methods, both of which we will demonstrate in this article. The first way is official and straight from the game, whereas the second is a little more involved.
Quick Way to Earn Free Pokecoins
Before, the easiest free way to earn Pokecoins is by completing game activities such as being a part of game challenges and defending gyms on a daily basis. But those days are gone. Today, you can only get Pokecoins through Pokemon Gyms, of simply being it with real money. 14,500 pokecoins will cost you almost $100, and the cheapest you can get is 100 coins which cost only 1$. But wait, we won’t let you spend that precious money, so here we compiled a list of free ways to get free Pokecoins.
The only in-game way to earn Pokecoins is by taking down and fortifying Gyms. Here’s how this method works:
- Find a Gym and either take it down or fortify it so you can put your Pokemon there. If you don’t know how to do this, check out our full gym capturing and fortifying guide here!
- You can only earn 50 Pokecoins a day. That’s the daily limit.
- You’ll earn 1 Pokecoin per 10 minutes of your Pokemon defending a gym.
- You can only have one Pokemon at one gym at a time.
- You can only place Pokemon creatures in 20 gyms at once.
Of course, this means you’ll have to be rather aggressive when it comes to taking down Gyms and fortifying them because others will be trying to get them as well. This will likely require tons of Potions, so stock up!
Buy Pokecoins with Google Opinion Rewards money
The first and most obvious way to get Pokecoins is to buy them. You can access this option by tapping the Pokeball button on the main Pokemon Go screen and selecting Shop.
Pokemon Go Pokecoin prices:
- $0.99 – 100 coins
- $4.99 – 550 coins
- $9.99 – 1,200 coins
- $19.99 – 2,500 coins
- $39.99 – 5,200 coins
- $99.99 – 14,500 coins
This is a fairly standard pricing structure for Freemium games in general, and Pokemon Go is no different. We can already hear you saying, “this is not free!”. That’s accurate, and we’re not debating that at all. However, there are ways to get Google Play credit for free, and you can use that to buy coins!
- Download Google Opinion Rewards by clicking here.
- Open the app to get it started. You may have to take an introductory survey. Follow instructions to get it set up.
- Close the app and forget about it, then go hunting Pokemon as usual.
- Over the coming days, weeks, and months, you’ll receive notifications asking you to complete surveys in the app.
- Each survey lasts only a few minutes and is usually comprised of a few questions.
- Almost every time you complete a survey, you’ll be given Google Play credit you can spend on Play Store purchases. That includes in-app purchases. It’s important to note that not every survey will generate money, so be aware of that.
- Over time, you’ll accumulate enough Google Play credit to buy Pokecoins! You won’t be rolling in coins, but it’s a nice boost now and then.
It’s not the most efficient way to get free coins. We recommend you take this as an occasional treat rather than something you can do regularly. Still, free coins are free coins.
What can you buy with Pokecoins?
Just in case you’re new to the game, we’ll quickly go over the things you can buy with Pokecoins:
- Boxes: Pokemon Go sells different surprise boxes at different prices. These come with random items and prizes.
- Passes: One Remote Raid Pass for 100 coins, Three Remote Raid Passes for 250 coins, and One Premium Battle Pass for 100 coins.
- Incubators: One Egg Incubator for 150 coins, One Super Incubator for 200 coins.
- Poffins: One Poffin for 100 coins.
- Poke Balls: 20 Poke Balls for 100 coins, 100 Poke Balls for 460 coins, 200 Poke Balls for 800 coins.
- Incense: One Incense for 40 coins, eight Incense for 250 coins. Learn how to use Incense here!
- Star Piece: One Star Piece for 100 coins, eight Star Pieces for 640 coins.
- Max Potions: 10 Max Potions for 200 coins.
- Lucky Egg: One Lucky Egg for 80 coins, eight Lucky Eggs for 500 coins. Learn how to use Lucky Eggs to maximize your XP here!
- Max Revives: Six Max Revives for 180 coins.
- Lure Module: One Glacial Lure Module for 180 coins, One Mossy Lure Module for 180 coins, One Magnetic Lure Module for 180 coins, One Rainy Lure Module for 180 coins, One Lure Module for 100 coins, Eight Lure Models for 680 coins. Learn how to use Lures here!
- Item Bag: 200 coins, increases your item storage by 50 slots. This upgrade is permanent.
- Pokemon Storage Upgrade: 200 coins, increases how many Pokemon you can carry by 50. This upgrade is permanent.
- Team Medalion: 1,000 coins, allows you to switch teams. It can only be purchased once every 365 days.