Apple has once again demonstrated its commitment to improving user experience by announcing tvOS 17. This version has outstanding new features and is now available as a developer beta. It is scheduled to deploy in the fall of 2023. We’ll concentrate on downloading and setting up tvOS 17 Beta for Apple TV 4K and HD in this tutorial. Continue on!
Key Features in tvOS 17
The inclusion of FaceTime in tvOS 17 is among the most eagerly anticipated features. FaceTime calls can now be placed and received on Apple TV 4K. Additionally, customers can move between their iPad or their iPhone while in a conversation thanks to Apple TV’s flawless integration with the Continuity Camera.
A feature called Center Stage is intended to improve FaceTime on Apple TV. It adds gesture-based reactions and automatically adjusts the camera focus to keep users in the picture during calls.
Apple Music Sing, which was previously available only on iPhones and iPads, is a wonderful addition to the tvOS platform. Users can observe themselves on television with amazing effects while singing along to their favorite tunes.
Additionally, new features have been added to the Siri Remote, including the ability to use the Control Center on an iPhone to find a lost remote. But this is not all! For more information, see our special article on the new Apple TV features.
How Do I Install tvOS Beta on Apple TV 4K?
All users with an Apple Developer account can now access developer betas, making it unnecessary to pay the $99 yearly membership fee for the Apple Developer Program.
One minute is required.
To ensure compatibility and a seamless installation, we advise installing the most recent tvOS 16 update before continuing:
- To install tvOS 16, navigate to Settings > System > Software Updates > Update Software on your Apple TV s home screen.
- To download the developer beta, you must have an Apple Developer account. Alternatively, if you’re willing to wait for the public beta, sign up for the Apple Beta Software Program.
- To create a free Apple Developer account go to their official website and click Account. Enter your Apple ID and password and you’re done.
- Before moving on, ensure that your Apple TV is switched on, connected to the same Apple ID, and connected to a stable internet connection.
- From the Home Screen of your Apple TV, select the Settings application.
- Within Settings, scroll down and select System.
- Inside the System menu select Software Updates.
- You will find an option labeled Get Beta Updates. Select this option to proceed.
- You will now be given the option to download and install the developer beta.
The new features and improvements promised by tvOS 17 will undoubtedly improve the Apple TV experience. Early adopters can sample these features prior to their official release by taking the appropriate steps. With features like karaoke with Apple Music Sing and FaceTime chats from your living room, tvOS 17 is going to revolutionize entertainment and connectivity. Check out how to install iOS 17 Beta on your iPhone for more information.