Hello, there, devoted followers! Does your Android device display an error message that reads, “Waiting for network connection”? The “Downloading English (US/UK) Update Waiting For Network Connection” problem might occur even if you have a strong internet connection, as many people have discovered. It’s a tremendous pain in the neck. Do not fear!
‘Waiting for network connection’ is a common error message on Android devices, and if that’s the case for you, you’ve come to the right place. The “Downloading English (US/UK) Update Waiting For Network Connection” problem keeps appearing despite having a strong internet connection, which has left everyone baffled. The ‘Waiting for network connection’ error has been around for a while, so we’ve come up with a few ways to fix it in 2022.
Reasons Behind “Downloading English (US) Update Waiting For Network Connection” Error
It’s important to understand the underlying reasons for the problem before attempting to fix it.
Google’s latest Speech Services update is to blame. It is a built-in feature of Google that transcribes text into spoken language. An update, on the other hand, resulted in the error “Downloading English (US) Update Waiting For Network Connection”.
The app cannot be updated as a result of a problem on the server-side.
Google Play Store and related services have been plagued by problems.
Fixes to Solve Downloading English (US/UK) Update Waiting For Network Connection Issue
Fix 1: By Turning off The Auto-Update Language Feature
The method to fix Downloading English (US/UK) update waiting for network connection issue requires players to select ‘Do not auto-update language’ and restart their phone. If you don’t know how it is done then follow the steps written below:
- Open Settings on your Android device.
- Scroll until you see the option ‘Google’.
- On a new page, look for an option that says ‘Settings for Google Maps.
- Now, tap on the ‘Search, Assistant & Voice’ option then Voice.
- When you do so, you will be shown multiple options, tap on ‘Offline speech recognition.
- Now, you will have to tap on the ‘Auto-Update’ option located in the top right corner of the screen.
- In a new window, you will have to select ‘Do not auto-update languages’.
- Once done, you will have to restart your device and check if the error remains.
- That’s it.
Fix 2: Clear Cache and Data of Speech Services By Google
If the above-mentioned method did not work for you and you want to try another solution then you should try this method. The second method requires you to clear the cache for Speech Services by Google. Do you know how to clear the cache of Speech Services by Google? If NO then follow the steps written below:
- First of all, navigate to the phone’s Settings and select Apps.
- Select the menu option
- Select the Show all apps checkbox.
- Now, in the apps list, seek for and touch on Google Speech Services.
- Navigate to the Storage tab.
- Tap on the Clear all data and Clear Cache button.
- Finally, reboot your phone.
This might be a basic solution but a lot of users reported to have fixed Downloading English (US) Update Waiting For Network Connection” error by simply clearing the cache of Speech Services by Google.
If this solution could not fix the problem that you are having right now then you can opt for the third solution.
Fix 3: Force Stop the Google app.
If the error is still appearing on your screen, then make sure to Force stop the Google app.
- Open the Settings of your phone and go to “Apps“.
- Now tap on “Installed apps” where all your apps are installed on your phone.
- Then look for the Google app and click on that.
- Now Tap on Internal Storage and then choose the Force Stop option.
- Restart your Phone
Fix 4: Attempt Switching Off Notifications
Turning off the alerts from the Speech Services by Google app may help in fixing this problem on an Android phone.
- First of all, move to the Settings of your device and then choose Apps.
- You will find Google Speech Services in the drop-down list, just click on it.
- The last step is to deactivate the Show notifications option in Notifications. That’s it!
Fix 5: Uninstall and reinstall Google Speech Services
If the above method did not work for you and you continue to face the “Downloading English (US) Update Waiting For Network Connection” error on your phone then you should try the second method, which requires you to uninstall and reinstall Google Speech Services.
Here are a few simple steps to uninstall and reinstall Google Speech Services.
- Open the Google Play Store app.
- Search for “Google Speech Services”.
- Tap on the ‘Uninstall’ button to remove it from the device.
- Once uninstalled, tap on the ‘Install‘ button.
- Wait until the application is installed again.
- Once reinstalled, launch the application and see if the error persists.
- That’s it.
That’s all you need to know about how to fix Downloading English (US) Update Waiting For Network Connection” error in 2022.
Well, this is all about how to solve Downloading English Update Waiting For Network Connection error. I hope these fixes will solve your problem. In case of any query, feel free to ask in the comments section below. Keep Sharing!!
Thanks for reading!!