Thanks to its intuitive interface and wealth of useful features, Google Hangouts is the finest option for conducting business-related online chats and meetings. To be sure, individuals aren’t always the most user-friendly of things. If that is the case, you might wish to avoid interacting with them. In that scenario, we have everything you need. In this post, you’ll learn how to permanently delete a conversation or block a user from your Hangouts.
Google has without a doubt simplified our daily routines. Everything you ever wanted to know is just a click away. Also crucial in moulding our professional and casual wants and demands are Google’s various app suites. These apps not only let you interact with a variety of people, but they also provide a blocking tool to protect you from spam.
When you block someone in Hangouts, they will never be able to access your profile again. There’s also a way to make it so they don’t find out you’ve blocked them. Your mobile (both Android and iOS) and online versions of Google Hangouts both provide the ability to block specific users. If you’re serious about getting things done, then follow the detailed instructions below.
How Do I Put Someone on Hangouts Block?
Is your Hangouts inbox becoming flooded with unwanted calls, or is there a problem with the conduct of a certain team member? Now is the moment to get rid of anything that can be a source of distraction. Stop them in their tracks by ignoring them! Both your mobile device and the desktop version of Hangouts allow you to block other users.
What Are the Steps to Block Someone on Google Hangouts for Mobile?
Between 60 and 70 percent of all Hangouts users access the service from their mobile devices; this section was designed with them in mind. Using these straightforward instructions, you may instantly and permanently remove someone from your Hangouts contact list without them ever knowing.
- One: Launch the Hangouts app on your mobile device. It is imperative that you have a reliable internet connection.
- The second step is to launch the app’s chat function.
- Three dots appear in the upper right corner. To proceed, please click here.
- Next, select “People” from the pull-down menu.
- The directory of names should now be visible to you. Choose the contact you want to remove from your Hangouts history or restrict access from this page.
- After number six, choose the “Block” option at the screen’s bottom to permanently remove communication with that person.
- Click the “block” button (located in the lower right corner) to confirm your choice.
- What a relief, it’s finished!
- Potentially Related Topics:
How Do I Put Someone on Google Hangouts’s Block List?
If you use Hangouts Web on your desktop, you can learn how to prevent a certain person from seeing your profile by following the instructions below. Be sure to pay close attention to these guidelines!
Start by hooking up your computer to a reliable internet source. Hangouts may be accessed from any computer by going to the “Hangouts web page” and signing in with your Google credentials. Second, clicking this will take you to the talk page. Find the contact in your Hangouts history that you want to delete or block here.
The next step is to open the discussion with that individual, and then click the settings button in the top right corner of the screen. To proceed, please click here. Fourth, select “block & report” from the pull-down menu.
If the person you are blocking has been annoying you with irrelevant content for a time, don’t forget to check the “also report” box that will appear on the screen after you block them.
- Click the “confirm” button at the bottom of the screen to verify your choice.
- Congrats!!! You’ve successfully removed that individual as a contact in Hangouts!
- A Comprehensive Guide to Blocking People on Google Hangouts!
You Should Know What Will Happen Once You Block Someone in Hangouts Before You Really Do It
- The first thing you should know is that once you block someone in Google Hangouts, you will no longer get any contact from that person.
- Second, you will be unable to contact the blocked people by phone or text message, not simply the individual you have blocked.
- When you block someone in Hangouts, they’ll also be unable to contact you via Google Chat, Google Photos, and Google Voice.
- Fourth, if you decide you’d like to unblock that individual from Hangouts, later on, keep in mind that doing so will also remove the block from any other services they may be subscribed to.
It’s possible to stop receiving notifications from other people in a Google Hangouts group conversation by barring them. While the group chat will continue without the person in question, you will no longer receive notifications from them. They will, however, be able to read your communication with them. When you block someone in a group chat, they won’t know it.
Even if a user has been barred, they can still participate in text-only group chats, but cannot view video-only chats. They will find out they are blocked if they try to join a group video chat and someone has already added them.
Read More- How to Leave a Private Story on Snapchat?
How to Remove a Block in Hangouts on Your Mobile Device
- The steps to remove a blockage on a computer or mobile device are very similar. Read on to learn how to remove a block on Email Hangouts on your mobile device.
- Start by making sure your phone is linked to a reliable internet source. Launch Google’s Hangouts.
- Next, you’ll want to tap the three horizontal lines at the upper left of the display.
- Select “settings” from the menu of available choices. In addition, you’ll have to sign in with the Google account you’ve chosen.
- Four, navigate to “blocked contacts” and look up the person whose contact you want to unlock.
- Unblock them by clicking the button to the right of their profile name. If you want to unblock that person, click the button.