Gogoro unveiled a new range of smart scooters today that can be unlocked with an iPhone or Apple Watch and the Wallet app. The Gogoro SuperSport TCS, Delight, CrossOver, CrossOver S, and Smartscooters are some of these automobiles.
This is the first time a scooter may be registered using the iPhone Wallet. This feature was previously exclusive to autos. Apple released support documentation that explains how to register a scooter on the iPhone Wallet in light of this.
In order to use a scooter key on your Apple Watch or iPhone, you will need:
- A compatible Gogoro scooter.
- An iPhone XS or later with the latest version of iOS. Or an Apple Watch Series 4 or later, or Apple Watch SE with the latest version of watchOS.
- To be signed in to your device with your Apple ID.
How to add your Gogoro scooter key to the Wallet app
If you satisfied every need listed above, you must complete the following:
- Download the Gogoro app from the App Store and register your scooter.
- Tap the iQ tab.
- Tap the scooter key in Apple Wallet, and follow the onscreen instructions.
- When you re sent to the Wallet app, tap Add to continue.
- Authenticate with Face ID, Touch ID, or your passcode.
Apple claims that Express Mode is activated automatically when you connect your scooter key to the Wallet app. You can use your key in Express Mode to access your device without needing to unlock it or provide a passcode, Face ID, or Touch ID authentication.
Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone, select Wallet & Apple Pay, then hit the Add Button next to your scooter key to add it to your Apple Watch.
A few other tidbits
How to turn your scooter on and off:To lock or unlock the scooter, just place your iPhone or Apple Watch close to the reader.
How to unlock your scooter: Place your iPhone or Apple Watch close to the scooter’s reader to start it. Next, depress the brake and hit the “GO” button. Press the GO button while maintaining brake pressure to stop your scooter. Keep your gadget close to the reader.
Share your scooter key: Via AirDrop or messaging applications like iMessage, Mail, WhatsApp, and others, you can share up to five keys per scooter.
- On your iPhone, open the Wallet app. Then tap your scooter key.
- Tap the Share button.
- Choose how you want to share your key.
- Set permissions for the shared key and choose whether to require an activation code for extra security.
- Tap Continue, and authenticate with Face ID, Touch ID, or a passcode.
- If you opted to require an activation code, it appears after you share the key. Your recipient needs the activation code to add the key to their device. Tap Share to send the code to your recipient or, for maximum security, share it in person or over the phone.