If you’re looking to start dating on Facebook, this post will show you the ropes on both iOS and Android. The Step-by-Step Guide to Getting Started with Facebook Dating
Using the Dating app requires both a working Facebook account and that you be at least 18 years old. However, you may skip making a dedicated “dating” page because Facebook will use the information already there to make suggestions about people you might get along with.
Start Your Facebook Dating Experience by Following These Steps
- To access the Facebook menu, launch the app and select the Menu (three lines) from the top or bottom of the screen. Location of menu items may change depending on mobile device.
- It’s like speed dating with taps.
- To begin, select the button. If you want to create a dating profile, just follow the on-screen steps.
Use of Facebook for Romantic Purposes: Some Advice
In addition, anybody who visit your profile and also have Facebook Dating enabled will be suggested to join the service. Like Bumble and Tinder, Facebook now has a dating option, but unlike those apps, you can’t start chatting with someone until you both like each other first.
It’s important to have a fully-completed standard Facebook profile if you want to make the most of Facebook’s dating feature. There is no dedicated Facebook Dating app or website; rather, the dating functionality is built right within the Facebook mobile app.
Your regular Facebook profile will not be updated with any photos or other information you provide on Facebook Dating. Facebook Dating interactions are likewise kept distinct from your Facebook Messenger chats.
If you become friends with someone on Facebook after matching with them on Facebook Dating, you will still have access to their dating page.
Initially, the software would suggest single profiles. If you want to check out who Facebook thinks you should meet, all you have to do is visit the Dating tab of the app.
Here Are Five Things You Can Do on Facebook’s Dating Platform
- To express your affection for a user, tap the love icon on their profile; to reject them, tap the X. Once you’ve established mutual interest, you can strike up a chat.
- A notification will be sent to you if another user chooses to like your profile. If you want to communicate with them privately, tap the heart icon next to their profile.
- Select Matches from the main menu to see your compatible matches and recent chats.
- Get more relevant Facebook match ideas by answering random questions by tapping the Answer a Question button at the bottom of your profile.
- At the bottom of your profile page is an area where you can upload images and share Instagram posts with others.
A Guide to Changing Your Facebook Dating Settings
- Depending on your preferences, the Facebook Dating app may function differently.
- To adjust your privacy settings for when Facebook makes profile suggestions, use the gear icon.
- You can specify your desired criteria for possible mates under the Ideal Match page.
- Your profile’s visibility settings are located under the “General” menu item. To link your account, select the ellipses (…) in the Instagram menu.
Concealed Attractions on Facebook
Through Instagram and Facebook’s “hidden crush” feature, users can find compatible partners. Select Secret Crush from the list of suggested profiles that appears at the screen’s bottom.
After that, you can pick your Facebook and Instagram pals. Those who have Facebook Dating enabled will receive a notification that someone has a crush on them, but they won’t be told who. It’s possible that you’ll get matched with them if they add you to their list of hidden adoration.
Instructions for Deleting Your Facebook Dating Account
You can erase your Facebook Dating profile independently of your main Facebook profile, however deleting your Facebook account will result in the removal of your Facebook Dating profile as well. Your profile, matches, and messages will all be deleted, but Facebook will save some technical details like your email and IP address.
Read on For How To Get Rid of Your Dating Profile for Good
- To access the settings, you can tap the cogwheel in the upper-right corner of the screen where Facebook displays suggested profiles.
- Select the Settings tab and then the General subheading.
- Select the “Delete Profile” option.
- Step away from the App for a While
- Instead of erasing Facebook Dating altogether, you can temporarily suspend it with this feature.
To take a break from the app without losing any of your data, you can use the Take a Break feature. To activate this feature, go to Settings and then your account and click the “Take a Break” button.
Confidentiality when Dating on Facebook
You should always let a friend know where you are going before meeting someone you’ve just talked to online. The use of electronic means of contact, such as texting or Facebook message, can reassure your loved ones that you are okay. Using the General section of Facebook’s dating settings, you can prevent a certain person from ever contacting you or viewing your profile.